geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r618102 - /geronimo/server/branches/2.1/plugins/clustering/wadi-clustering/pom.xml
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 13:53:21 GMT

On Feb 5, 2008, at 8:44 AM, Gianny Damour wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Indeed, WADI has a lot of dependencies on concurrent. As a matter of
> fact, concurrent was a very handy toolkit to build the asynchronous
> message processing/passing components and distributed locks of WADI
> on top of the JDK 1.4.
>
> I re-implemented the relevant WADI classes to use J2SE5
> j.u.concurrent instead of concurrent:  http://svn.wadi.codehaus.org/changelog/wadi/trunk/wadi?cs=2415
>
> I will cut a new WADI release tomorrow night and move 2.1 and trunk
> to this new revision.

Great! Thanks a lot Gianny.

FYI, just got a pointer on legal-discuss@ to a CopyOnWriteArrayList
implementation in Harmony. Seems that Harmony is using the concurrent
library minus the two classes, plus their CopyOnWriteArray. Since
ConcurrentReaderHashMap isn't part of the SE 5 api, they didn't need
it. So, looks like we might have had another option.

--kevan

> Thanks,
> Gianny
>
> On 05/02/2008, at 1:39 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>
>> After quick scan of the WADI code, it looks like it has a lot of
>> dependencies on the concurrent library. So we'll definitely need that
>> dependency at runtime. And to be more specific, I did not see any
>> references to ConcurrentReaderHashMap but a few references to
>> CopyOnWriteArrayList.

Thanks for looking at this Jarek.

--kevan