geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:35:08 GMT

On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:

> Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
>> On Feb 11, 2008 10:12 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com
>> <mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>>     On Feb 11, 2008, at 3:14 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
>>>

>>>     On Feb 8, 2008 2:09 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com
>>>     <mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>         3a is implemented in 2.1
>>>
>>>     Is there an admin console page for this already implemented?
>>     yes, the bottom of the plugin page.  Also there's a gshell
>> command
>>     for it
>> "Assemble a server" option looks too hidden under other features :
>> ( . A portlet on it's own would have better grabbed the attention
>> of users towards it. We must at least highlight it now in our
>> documentation.
>
> I think both. This feature is important enough to be on its own,
> probably under 'Server' and we definitively need to document in
> deep how it works. That includes explaining the plugin architecture
> as well.

I'll see if I can get the plugin architecture documentation kicked
off this week.

I think we should either change the left-hand menu item to something
more inclusive that "plugins" (my current preference) or create a new
group in the left hand menu with "add plugins" "edit plugin" and
"extract server" (I think this will make the LHM too long).

The LHM is getting pretty long.  I wonder if we can do something to
shorten it -- perhaps a tree?

thanks
david jencks