geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: long-term buildability of released versions?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 16:47:19 GMT
Hopefully a better maven expert than I will chime in.

I think we are using the scout jar but not the jaxr-api snapshot
jar.  I'm pretty sure the scout 1.0rc1 jar should not have been
released since it depends on a snapshot.  In this case I think that
the solution is to exclude the scout jaxr-api jar in the scout
dependency.

The much bigger question is how we detect these problems before
cutting a release.  One step would be to use the release plugin since
IIUC it will scan for snapshot dependencies and refuse to proceed: I
don't know if this is only for what you are building or if it checks
all the way down the dependency tree.

Anyone have ideas on what else we can do?

thanks
david jencks