geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 17:02:34 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> I've downloaded these images and done a few simple tests.  I've also
> run a number of TCK tests with them (although I have long runs going
> now to cover all the tests).  So far things look very good.
>
> One minor problem I noticed is that we are printing INFO messages to
> the console.  This is especially noticeable when certain actions are
> performed on the Admin Console and a number of INFO messages are
> displayed in the command line console.  I personally would prefer to
> not see these messages by changing the default logging level to
> WARNING or ERROR as we have done with prior releases.  Thoughts?
>
> I know it's a lot of work to spin a new release candidate so I'm
> debating if this issue alone merits creating a new image.

Creating the release does take a bit of effort, but should be mostly a
matter of time. The file uploads to Apache took ~ 8 hours, I think.
But this was from home. So, was upload limited... We should be past
all of the first-time build barriers that I was running into over the
weekend.

What are the INFO messages? What are the user actions that trigger them?

I'm probably OK with INFO messages. We can clean them up in 2.1.1...
But rebuilding is not a big issue, if we want to clean them up.

--kevan