geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sangjin Lee" <sjl...@gmail.com>
Subject [AsyncHttpClient] handling user-supplied request body (and content type)
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:34:30 GMT
While looking at an issue related with a form post (GERONIMO-3839), I found
an even more glaring issue.  Namely, any caller-supplied request body is
ignored by HttpRequestEncoder.  For example, you may want to do a simple
file upload using an octet stream.  One can set the content using
HttpMessage.addContent(byte[]).
However, HttpRequestEncoder makes a specific assumption that all post
requests are form posts.  Therefore, it ignores any message body, and simply
encodes the form into the body.  We need to be able to handle this properly.
 I'll file a bug shortly...

Thanks,
Sangjin