geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Deployment plan docs (was: Re: Conversion Tool and OpenEJB 3.0 integration status)
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:50:00 GMT
So a funny thing happened on the way to the theater :)

On Jan 31, 2007, at 11:05 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> So the 10,000 foot perspective is that we are creating a conversion
> tool to convert the prior openejb-jar.xml into the new set of
> descriptors (geronimo-openejb.xml, new openejb-jar.xml, jpa entity-
> mappings.xml).  It is expected that all existing plans will work and
> no one will have to or even *should* migrate just yet.
>
> We are doing this for two reasons:
>
> 1.  There is significant investment in current descriptor format.
> These come to mind:
>       - TCK
>       - DayTrader
>       - iTests
>       - Samples
>       - All documentation to date
>       - All user-land apps to date

It seems we ditched the openejb-jar.xml documentation anyway.  I went
ahead and added it into GMOxDOC20 and GMOxDOC21.

I also noticed that these docs were also left:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC12/geronimo-web.xml
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC12/geronimo-ra.xml
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC12/geronimo-application.xml

We support backwards compatibility of our plans, so these docs should
be fine for the most part.

Is there some rational for not including them?

-David