geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 working on Harmony
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2008 21:36:02 GMT
This is great news!!

I glanced at the wiki page.  I wonder if we should put most or all of
the configuration tweaks into variables in the config- file.

The server-security-config is really just a dumb sample of how to
configure security, so it might be reasonable to come up with an
alternate harmony-specific one with the correct keystore inside.

david jencks

On Feb 22, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Vasily Zakharov wrote:

> Hi, all,
> Here I'm reporting that Geronimo v2.1 runs on Apache Harmony pretty
> well.
> See [1] for the detailed report.
> Shortly speaking, one have to tweak the config in three places, and
> tweak the startup a bit - and up it goes.
> I was able to browse the console freely and pretty fast, and deployed
> SPECjAppServer2004, but didn't test any actual load.
> There're also some issues with CPU and memory usage, but they have
> known workarounds for now or are not critical.
> Clearly enough, more issues would uncover under load, but generally
> the setup looks pretty healthy.
> Vasily Zakharov
> Intel ESSD
> [1]