geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Create a "Ready for Geronimo" page under Community
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 21:31:34 GMT

On Feb 13, 2008, at 9:23 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> How about more of a "Partners" or just a "Plug-ins" page?
>
> Other option, would be to create a page describing and offering the
> "Powered by Geronimo" logo and a "Ready for Geronimo" logo, so other
> sites/projects could use it if they want and provide a link back to
> our homepage (more along what Eclipse offers)....

An application/plug-ins only page is ok with me.

I like the idea of "Powered by Geronimo" "Ready for Geronimo" logo's
or graphics. Might be that our friends from Epiq would be willing to
help out, with that...

--kevan

> -Donald
>
> Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
>>> To foster more projects to test and support Geronimo, I'd like to
>>> float the idea of creating a new page under the Community
>>> navigation section on our home page called -
>>>    "Ready for Geronimo"
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>> I always have a hard time with the "NASCAR" page where vendors and
>> others hang their hats.  Since the ASF is non-profit I think its
>> generally in our best interest to let other people carry the
>> Powered By logos and stuff.  Let our own reputation speak for
>> itself. The other problem is if we're maintaining the currency of
>> the list.
>> Personally I'd prefer not to have a page like this.  I think it
>> diminishes the project.

Heh. Leave it to Matt to introduce "NASCAR" into our mailing list... I
like the analogy though...

--kevan