geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Release Roller plugin soon?
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:24:49 GMT
After a bit more study I've:

- moved roller-custom.properties and planet-custom.properties into var/roller-data/config
where they are easily accessible.  These contain the stuff you are most likely to want to
customize such as the list of default  bookmarks and categories.  They also contain some setup
info for JPA so I'm wondering if it would be even smarter to put this in a roller-custom.properties
in the classpath as well as these additional properties files for user customization.  thoughts?

- made the contextPath customizable with RollerContextPath in var/config/config-substitutions.properties.
 This involves a manual version update step for release :-(

I'd like this to be a showcase of how to package a real app as a geronimo plugin.  Please
try it out and see if there are problems and suggest what needs to be documented better.

Things to try:

build it

try out the geronimo-jetty-roller and geronimo-tomcat-roller servers

try the roller-jetty-commands and roller-tomcat-commands against a running geronimo server
(framework or larger)

try installing the roller-jetty or roller tomcat plugins into an existing server.

Left to do:

make sure we all agree that the mysql plugin is legally ok.  It does pull down the mysql jar
while being built but will not install into a geronimo server unless the mysql jar has been
manually installed.

figure out if we want/need to do anything about the commons-id-1.0-SNAPSHOT jar included in
roller.  This project has never been released in any form.

figure out which artifacts we want to release.  I think we should release everything except
the sample servers.  I'm not sure about the servers.  thoughts?

thanks
david jencks