geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Confluence admin needed to set up snippet urls
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 08:09:44 GMT

On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:

> I think we should work hard to make the documentation reference live
> svn content using the snippet plugin.  However my initial attempts
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Plugin+infrastructure

I've gone ahead and added this snippet url prefix:

geronimo/   --->  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/

Should allow us to at least get started.  I updated your page to use it.

Created another simple example here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Snippet+Example

> appear to indicate that a confluence admin has to set up at least
> one configured url prefix.  AFAICT I'm not a confluence admin and if
> I was I'd still have no idea how to set this up.
>
> Also I'm really not sure what an appropriate prefix would be or what
> the scope for which it applies is.  I certainly want to be able to
> include snippets from server, plugins, etc etc but wonder if
> including e.g branch info in the prefix would help migrating docs
> from one version to another.  Does anyone have a clue what "best
> practice" or "anything that works" might be?

Not real sure about branch/tag/trunk best practices.  We could add
prefixes for each version then just update the urls associated with
the prefixes when those tag.

-David