geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: async sample not building
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:18:26 GMT
Hi Sangjin,

I had this problem a week or so ago working with the sample.  You need to
build the top level pom for the samples.  This isn't very difficult and you
only need to do it once.  This can be accomplished by first checking out all
the samples:

svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/

Next, you need to build the top level pom.xml.  Assuming you checked out the
samples code into trunk, cd into trunk and then run:

mvn -N install

The -N prevents maven from building recursively and will only build the
dependency you are missing.  This is all you need to do.  You should be able
to build the async-http sample now.

I'm not sure if the whole samples directory needs checked out.  I checked it
all out when I did it, but I'm wondering if there's a way to only check out
what exactly is needed.  Let me know if any of this is confusing or if you
have any other questions.

Hope this helps!

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Sangjin Lee <sjlee0@gmail.com> wrote:

> I refreshed the async http sample at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples/async-httpin a long while,
and it's failing to build.  On doing mvn, it gives me the

--
~Jason Warner