geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Warner" <jaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions about using Gshell on a remote server instance
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 18:16:54 GMT
I was working with gshell in trunk and noticed something that I thought was
odd.  I had used deploy/connect to connect to a remote instance of
geronimo.  I then went to issue a geronimo/stop-server command but I didn't
provide the hostname or port for the remote server.  The command attempted
to shutdown a local instance of geronimo.  I was confused as to why this
would be the case.  My expectation would be that if I were connected to a
remote instance, then any commands sent to a geronimo server would be
directed at that instance.  I think this behavior might confuse users.  Is
there a reason things are working the way they currently are?  Is it
technically feasible to accomplish this with the way the command is written
or is it just not worth the effort?  I'd like to see what other think about
this, but I'm definitely going to document it in the wiki.

Thanks,

--
~Jason Warner