geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Changes that could use a bit of review
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:30:06 GMT
I've fixed a couple problems (GERONIMO-3840/41) and wouldn't mind
some other eyes looking at the solutions I've come up with.

3840: Server was trying to load modules in an essentially random
order, then start them.  Some property editors (e.g. for
defaultEnvironment) are only loaded when a module starts.  Therefore
geronimo-gbean-deployer should actually be started, not just loaded,
before any other deployer is loaded.  I've fixed this by adding a
sort method to the ConfigurationManager.

I don't much like adding methods to config. manager but I think some
interface change is needed and this seems pretty simple.  We could
try to order the modules in config.xml but I don't want the behavior
of the server to depend on people getting the order right.

Note that we can't start all the ancestors of the modules listed
since some might be "load only" for their classloaders.

3841:  we need a way to install a bunch of config.xml customization
to a lot of modules at once.  Sometimes turning the knobs in config-
substitutions.properties is enough but sometimes you need more
changes into already installed modules.  I put a "merge" method into
PluginInstaller and call it from the car-maven-plugin.  There will be
a not-too-visible example in a couple days in the tck servers.

thanks
david jencks