geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Questions about using Gshell on a remote server instance
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2008 22:42:27 GMT
Hrm.... Too bad there isn't an anonymous user that can only check if the server was started
or not... Since that is all that start-server does.

--jason

-----Original Message-----
From: "Jarek Gawor" <jgawor@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:57:23
To:dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions about using Gshell on a remote server instance

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Jason Warner <jaw981@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, I've noticed that too. The deploy/* commands are not 'integrated'
> > with the geronimo/* commands. Looks like the JMX connection is not
> > being shared between these groups of commands. We should be able to
> > fix that. Please open a bug. Also, I just noticed that if an user
> > changes the default user/password the geronimo/start-server command
> > might fail with an error.
> >
> > Jarek
> >

>  I just opened a jira for that original issue I mentioned.
>
>  I'm not sure I understand that second issue you mentioned.

The start-server command has hardcoded username/password combination
and it cannot be specified on the command line. So if the password is
changed and if you start the server let's say with:

geronimo/start-server --background --timeout 60

You will see something like:

Geronimo Application Server started
<after <60 seconds>
ERROR Exception: Failed to start: Geronimo Server

Even though the server started up fine but then becuase of the
exception it will be killed.

Jarek