geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject module builders/deployers in plugins
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:12:34 GMT
I have a couple of questions about module builders/deployers and
plugin support in Geronimo:

1) I have a plugin that contains a NamingBuilder. Once I install this
plugin, that NamingBuilder will not be called during module deployment
until I 'register' it with the NamingBuilders gbean (e.g. in
plugins/j2ee/j2ee-deployer/src/main/plan/plan.xml or config.xml). The
questions is, can we make this more dynamic? It would be great just to
install the plugin and have the NamingBuilder to be invoked
automatically without any additional configuration steps.

2) The AdminObjectRefBuilder is always trying to process _all_
resource-env-ref entries (AdminObjectRefBuilder is just an example in
this case). However, as things evolve (Java EE 5 -> 6) and new
resource env. types are added, it does not scale to keep updating the
AdminObjectRefBuilder to handle these new types. So I think it would
be nice to install a new builder that would handle these new types
only. But that would require communicating with the
AdminObjectRefBuilder and somehow telling it to ignore the new types.
The question is, what would be the best way of doing it? Or maybe we
need a different way of processing the DDs?

Jarek