geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jarek Gawor" <jga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:13:14 GMT
On Feb 13, 2008 7:20 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2008, at 2:46 PM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> > -0.5.
> >
> > The bin/stop-server command ignores username/password values I provide
> > and instead always uses the default credentials (system/manager).
>
> OK. Well, that's not great, but neither is it a security exposure.
> There's always shutdown.sh and the good old kill command. Personally,
> I put this in a bug category...

Yes, that's right. I did forget about the shutdown.sh command. It
works with remote servers too so it can be used instead of
stop-server. I'm changing my vote +1 now.

> While on the subject, gsh commands will be our preferred command
> structure. Excepting geronimo.sh, I'd be in favor of removing the
> deploy/startup/shutdown commands in our future releases.

Yes, but I think some things in gshell still need to improve. For
example, path parsing on Windows does not work as expected (path such
as c:\foo.war will fail with a lexical error) or getting exit code of
the previous command (at least I couldn't find a way to get it).

Jarek