geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Shiva Kumar H R" <shiv...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Model for deployment plans in GEP - Move from EMF to XMLBeans or JAXB?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:36:45 GMT
(Pasting DJencks reply from the other thread)
On Feb 12, 2008 2:03 AM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

My understanding is that jaxb is included in the jre starting with
java 6.  IMO this is one of the arguments in its favor.

We also can't avoid it at this point.  Openejb deployment is very
tied to jaxb and the geronimo startup code also  relies on it.  I
don't think rewriting the openejb deployment system using xmlbeans is
plausible.

thanks
david jencks