geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Selenium
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:04:15 GMT
I went to a selenium get together Monday and think we have some great
opportunities for improving and speeding up our testsuite.

The bits I think would be of most benefit, from my perspective as a
non-test-engineer, are:

selenium grid.  This lets you run basically any number of selenium
tests in parallel against a single server.  For instance we can run
all the console tests in parallel.
selenium IDE.  This lets you record your actions on a web site as a
test.  You can also edit the results for e.g. better independence of
the xpath expressions on the specific html

There's another tool that was discussed that lets you abstract the
xpath expressions but I can't remember the name or find documentation
about it.  If our pages' formatting don't jump around too much it
might not be incredibly useful for us.

thanks
david jencks