geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server startup timeout setting
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:28:04 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Dan Becker <dan.o.becker@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to make sure I follow - did you run gshell with
> -agentlib:jdwp=blahblah set?

Hello Jacek,

I should have been more clear. I run gshell with the jpda debug options,
starting Geronimo and suspending it while it waits for a debugger to
attach. I believe the options that geronimo.bat provides are something like:
    -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000

Then I use Eclipse to debug this remote java application on port 8000.

This is worthy of a wiki article, and I shall write one in the next few
weeks.
--
Thanks, Dan Becker