geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Regarding SSO across admin console
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:19:41 GMT
Manu George wrote:
> Hi,
>        I added a new portlet to the admin console via the new
> pluggable mechanism. However when I click on the link to that portlet
> I am always asked to authenticate even though I have authenticated on
> the login page of the admin console. How can I configure my portlet to
> also be part of the single sign on across the admin console.
>
> Regards
> Manu

Hi Manu,

I don't know the answer but here are some things you can investigate:

1)  I know that we had issues with this and the pluggable console
earlier with Jetty.  I thought those issues were resolved but if you are
using Jetty you might want to give Tomcat a try.

2)  The problem you describe typically happens with the portlet session
gets corrupted/reset or when the JSessionID cookie gets
corrupted/deleted.  You might want to check if you are doing anything
special that might affect the session.

Finally, the doc that Kevan referenced includes a sample.  You might
want to try that sample first and then begin adding in your specifics
until the problem surfaces.

Joe Bohn