geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Too many levels of menu before content in docs?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 18:41:38 GMT
Dave,
we need to figure out a way to organize th content. For 2.1 we'll hopefully end up around
200 pages, we can't have them all listed on one page.

More specifically on "Installing and removing applications" it will only take 2 clicks to
get there once in the 2.1 doc space

>From http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/documentation.html click on *Administration* and
then on *Installing and removing applications*. The breadcrumbs help navigate through the
hierarchy, a user will not necessarily have to navigate through every single one of those
topics to get to the content wanted.

On the 2.1 doc home page we definitively need to show a subset of topics, I think a 3 level
(as we have it now) is OK. Maybe lower it to just 2 levels if we rework the titles and rearrange
the structure.

What do others think?

Cheers!
Hernan