geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject samples for 2.1?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:13:09 GMT

Is there a plan on how to release the samples for 2.1 and forward?  It
looks like the changes in the build structure have necessitated that we
do something to release samples independently (or perhaps it was other
changes).  In past releases it looks like the samples were built, voted
on, and released as part of the Geronimo release itself.  However, they
are no longer included under our configs with the restructure and hence
they were not included in the process.

Should we create a tag for the 2.1 samples (thus far there are no tags
in the samples svn (see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/ )?  Do we need to
create release candidates and vote on releasing samples now?

I ran into this because I took a first pass at generating a new
geronimo-plugins.xml for 2.1 yesterday since the old version was still
referencing 2.1-SNAPSHOT for all of the plugins.  To include the samples
I built https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/branches/2.1/
but the poms there are versioned as 2.1-SNAPSHOT and are dependent upon
the Geornimo 2.1-SNAPSHOT release.

Joe