geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject TCK Dog
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:01:37 GMT
I've been the TCK Dog for about a year now, through 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2
and most recently 2.1.  I think it's time for a change.

This activity primarily involves:
1)  Building the images and accounting for changes in the various
branches that require comparable changes in the test harness.
2)  Applying updated Sun patches, exclude lists, etc... as necessary
(this was a bigger issue when we were initially getting certified for
Java EE 5 but has since dropped off.  I expect it will pick up again
with Java EE 6 in the future).
3)  Running tests as necessary for various releases, projects,
components, specs, etc...
4)  Monitoring/advertising test results
5)  Fixing problems in either the harness, test plans, and/or Geronimo
code as necessary.
6)  Working with other teams that sometimes rely on the Geronimo TCK
validation (such as OpenEJB and MyFaces)
7)  Summarizing results and criteria for Sun Certification

We've discussed automating some of these activities in the past (such as
running tests with GBuild).  However, I don't believe that is working at
the moment so it's pretty much a manual effort.

Fortunately we now have automated Geronimo Builds and a limited number
of tck tests to highlight pervasive problems.   We've also had terrific
involvement from the whole team in resolving tck failure issues (thank
you to all those that monitor and respond to the TCK list :-) ).

With 2.1.1 coming up it would be a great time for some new blood to get
involved.

Joe