geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Diagnostic Utility For AG
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:22:59 GMT
Would also like to see some options given to the user, for the level of
details being sent and the ability to review the information before
sending it.

For example, separate options for -
   - including the console/geronimo.log
   - including the config.xml
   - including the list-modules output
   - including a file listing of everything under GHOME
   - including a listing of any GSHell extensions
   - basic system/environment data (system OS, JVM vendor/version,
installed memory/swap, JVM heap, ...)
   - if the server was running under Eclipse
   - ....

You'd need a Terms of Use policy describing how the collected data will
be used and stored.

Also, a option to only make the details available to committers (and not
  on a public website) would help ease some people's fear.  If someone
selected that option, we could still include the basic stack trace (for
Geronimo or other open source provided code) and the resolution info on
the public web, as long as no user unique data was included.

-Donald