geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Confluence admin needed to set up snippet urls
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:01:26 GMT
David Blevins wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:24 AM, David Jencks wrote:
>> I think we should work hard to make the documentation reference live
>> svn content using the snippet plugin.  However my initial attempts
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxDOC21/Plugin+infrastructure
>>
> Created another simple example here:
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/GMOxSBOX/Snippet+Example

I think the pages look great, and the mix of docs and actual snippets
from the repos is fantastic.

However, a few small formatting issues. It seems confluence wiki formats
ALL the snippet blocks to the longest line of code on the page. On David
Jencks' page, there is a huge line in the deploy/assemble command that
makes all the code blocks ultra-wide in Firefox 2.0 and IE 7.0. Also it
seems the white and gray backgrounds have a style problem when you
scroll out to the right.

Perhaps we should check if the snippet plugin can break long lines for
reading purposes?
--
Thanks, Dan Becker
email: mailto://dan.o.becker@gmail.com