geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 17:39:11 GMT
Jarek Gawor wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Kevan Miller <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Feb 15, 2008, at 10:12 AM, Jarek Gawor wrote:
>> Looks like I sent this to the wrong thread:
>>
>> This is about: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855
>>
>> Hmm this seems bad. I was able to reproduce the problem on port 8443
>> only but _all_ portlets failed in this way. So the console is pretty
>> much unusable on port 8443. Can somebody else verify these findings?
>>
>> Yep. Looks like a bug. Don't see this as a security exposure. So, not sure
>> why you want to discuss here.
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-3855 would seem like the
>> appropriate location to work on getting this fixed. Do you disagree?
>
> But, IMHO, this is not just a bug it is a major bug where one of the
> important pieces of Geronimo functionality is simply not working on
> port 8443. Personally, I would have voted -1 on the release if I
> realized the full scope of this bug sooner. But maybe that's just me..
> so I would like to know what other people think about this problem. If
> it's just me, that's fine. If not, maybe we should consider
> withdrawing the release. Although the admin console is working fine on
> port 8080 and maybe that's good enough.
>
> Jarek

I agree that this is a significant bug but given the current state of
the release and the fact that there is a work-around (although I admit
that it's hardly perfect) I think it makes sense to fix this in a 2.1.1
release.  IMO, this issue makes it all the more important to get 2.1.1
out without delay.

Joe