geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject framework assembly distribution?
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:30:12 GMT

With our 2.1 distribution (as with earlier distributions) we are only
providing the javaee5 & minimal assemblies.  Are we ever planning to
make the geronimo-framework assembly available in a distribution so that
a user could start from scratch (not even a web container) and build up
a server by installing plugins?

That was the original intent when we created this assembly.  I know that
the originally framework included enough deployment capability to deploy
plugins.  However, I'm not certain that is still the case (I haven't
tried in a long time).  Assuming you can still install plugins (or we
add that back in), I think it makes sense to distribute this assembly.
BTW, I'm not proposing this for 2.1 given that it is nearly completely

What do others think?

View raw message