geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:33:01 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> On Feb 12, 2008, at 6:47 AM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>> Shiva Kumar H R wrote:
>>> On Feb 11, 2008 10:12 PM, David Jencks <
>>> <>> wrote:
>>>     yes, the bottom of the plugin page.  Also there's a gshell command
>>>     for it
>>> "Assemble a server" option looks too hidden under other features :( .
>>> A portlet on it's own would have better grabbed the attention of
>>> users towards it. We must at least highlight it now in our
>>> documentation.
>> I think both. This feature is important enough to be on its own,
>> probably under 'Server' and we definitively need to document in deep
>> how it works. That includes explaining the plugin architecture as well.
> I'll see if I can get the plugin architecture documentation kicked off
> this week.
> I think we should either change the left-hand menu item to something
> more inclusive that "plugins" (my current preference) or create a new
> group in the left hand menu with "add plugins" "edit plugin" and
> "extract server" (I think this will make the LHM too long).
> The LHM is getting pretty long.  I wonder if we can do something to
> shorten it -- perhaps a tree?

IIRC the navigation on the console was originally a tree and the folders
that you see now were the top level branches.  It might have been Aaron
that made them fixed.  I think it makes sense to return to the tree so
long as we make it obvious that the branches can be expanded (perhaps
including an expand all type of option).

View raw message