geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 22:50:16 GMT
In-line

Gianny Damour wrote:

> On 12/02/2008, at 3:05 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
>
>> Gianny Damour wrote:
>>> Hello Donald,
>>> Could you please list the top two components you would like to see
>>> clustered?
>>
>> JMS and DataSource pooling.
>
> Hi,
>
> My understanding is that ActiveMQ provides clustering services. I am
> sure the ActiveMQ experts can help us understand how to set-up AMQ for
> clustering within Geronimo.

Yep, we need someone to chime in, as I see questions about this every so
often and it always seems to be answered for stand-alone AMQ setups...

> On the DataSource side, would a DataSource using under the cover
> multiple DataSources pointing to replicated databases be what you are
> after?

Probably.  I'm actually working on a TranQL enhancement to support
Oracle RAC environments now.  Wasn't sure what services WADI provides,
so just throwing ideas out there (besides the obvious EJB clustering...)