geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Geronimo Documentation - 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo]
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:18:13 GMT

Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2008 10:57 AM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Back on the 5 min tutorial, I'm still having some issues deploying the app. My latest
environment is using G 2.1 RC that is currently out for a vote (Tomcat flavor) and the GEP
that I just built from devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk rev # 620497. I know it's still kinda
early but it would be great if we can have this tutorial updated ( a new one for 2.1 actually
), I figure a lot of users would be interested in testing this on 2.1

> I'll be doing it then. I helped a geronimo user offline who had some
> troubles with it, but he eventually confirmed it worked fine with G
> 2.0.2 or G 2.1-SNAPSHOT and the latest Eclipse 3.4 M5 and other
> Eclipse goodies to satisfy the geronimo eclipse plugin so it should
> work with your configuration. I'll give it a shot tonight (PST).
>
> What worried me the most was that Geronimo 2.1 Enhancements from
> RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.txt was not covered by the documentation. I'm going
> to describe
>
> Custom server assemblies
> - Lightweight server assemblies may be created that contain only the functional
>   components required by your application(s).

I overlooked this one, I'll add an entry on the "Developer's guide" section. Are you volunteering
for this one too ;-)

Cheers!
Hernan