geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Geronimo Documentation - 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo]
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:57:08 GMT
Lots of ideas ;-)
some of the topics are already listed in the 2.1 doc site, http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/documentation.html
I saw Vamsi adding some content to the "Quick start - fast and easy development" doc. Ashish
Jain sent an email with his plan for covering some of the topics, see the "Geronimo v2.1 documentation"
thread (http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=15321492&framed=y&skin=134)
. I'm working on the installation and still need to finish deployment plans. Speaking of which,
not sure I'll be able to finish them myself so add it to the list of areas that still need
work.

Around deploying (and development) is "Annotations" which would also tie up with your interest
in G and JEE5. I mean these comments based on just what we have listed on the wiki, I'm sure
there are  lots of different topics to cover not yet mentioned in that list.

Back on the 5 min tutorial, I'm still having some issues deploying the app. My latest environment
is using G 2.1 RC that is currently out for a vote (Tomcat flavor) and the GEP that I just
built from devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk rev # 620497. I know it's still kinda early but it
would be great if we can have this tutorial updated ( a new one for 2.1 actually ), I figure
a lot of users would be interested in testing this on 2.1

There is a lot of fish to fry so, take your pick ;-)

Thx for looking into this.

Cheers!
Hernan