geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 18:14:37 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2008, at 11:28 AM, Joe Bohn wrote:
>

>> I've downloaded these images and done a few simple tests.  I've also
>> run a number of TCK tests with them (although I have long runs going
>> now to cover all the tests).  So far things look very good.
>>
>> One minor problem I noticed is that we are printing INFO messages to
>> the console.  This is especially noticeable when certain actions are
>> performed on the Admin Console and a number of INFO messages are
>> displayed in the command line console.  I personally would prefer to
>> not see these messages by changing the default logging level to
>> WARNING or ERROR as we have done with prior releases.  Thoughts?
>>
>> I know it's a lot of work to spin a new release candidate so I'm
>> debating if this issue alone merits creating a new image.
>
> Creating the release does take a bit of effort, but should be mostly a
> matter of time. The file uploads to Apache took ~ 8 hours, I think. But
> this was from home. So, was upload limited... We should be past all of
> the first-time build barriers that I was running into over the weekend.
>
> What are the INFO messages? What are the user actions that trigger them?
>
> I'm probably OK with INFO messages. We can clean them up in 2.1.1... But
> rebuilding is not a big issue, if we want to clean them up.

Hmm .... the logging issue might be a red herring.  I started to see the
info messages after I installed the Artifactory 1.2.5 war file.  Some of
these messages are from Artifactory itself however after I installed
that I also started to see info message from just about all console
portlets by simply navigating to them ... such as:

2008-02-11 13:01:29,286 [INFO ] (GeronimoLog.java:79)     - Portlet mode
'edit' not found for portletId: '/console-base.ThreadPool!2137960813|0'
2008-02-11 13:01:29,287 [INFO ] (GeronimoLog.java:79)     - Portlet mode
'help' not found for portletId: '/console-base.ThreadPool!2137960813|0'

I need to dig a bit more.

Joe