geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GShell Goals
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 22:50:15 GMT
As just a personal preference, I would keep some overview on the Geronimo web site and then
have the gross of the documentation on the wiki. I mean that in the way it looks, I know it
is all generated from the wiki. For example, compare geronimo.a.o with cwiki.a.o/geronimo.
Web site and documentation should definitively be on separate spaces for administration purposes.

I guess it ultimately will depend on how much of Geronimo GShell is going to be. The more
important/relevant/dependent the more we need to have it as part of G doc. With that I don't
mean that GShell should not have it's own separate wiki, I mean that if it is separate we
need to include as much Geronimo specific info as possible. I hope that the more dependent
the more alike with Geronimo documentation structure. ;-)

More on personal preference, for documentation I wouldn't use the same template used for the
web site. I rather stay as far away as possible from the classic wiki look and feel on the
web site.

Do you have any of these already covered?

    * what is it?
    * benefits
    * what it does
    * what it replaces (if replaces anything)
    * tools and commands
    * how-to samples and tutorials

Cheers!
Hernan