geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:43:44 GMT
Agree with 1a, all of #2 and 3b.

- Creating documentation when new features go into svn instead as an
after thought when we are trying to close out a release.

- Samples become a prerequisite of each new release.

- Project mentoring - have several of us pick another open source
project to either enable them to run on Geronimo out-of-the-box or
create a plugin out of their application (much like has been done for
Liferay and Roller.)  This could be the start of a "Ready for Geronimo"
page on our website, where we list known apps and frameworks (like
Spring and Hibernate) that can be readily used with Geronimo, with a
page on each in our docs on installation/setup and known working
versions for a given Geronimo release.

- Full support for running on Java SE 6

- Portlet for controlling logging levels at a component/package level

- Continued work on enable full clustering of all components

- Start providing previews of upcoming Java EE 6 technologies

-Donald