geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 documentation
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:47:18 GMT
Hey Kevan,
It's OK to have some overlap between the release notes and the rest of the wiki. We currently
ship only the rel notes with the product, not the product doc (wiki)

Most of the content on the rel notes should be based on the "what's new" section. However
that section is currently empty so we'll have to the other way around and build that up from
what we have in the release notes.

One thing I tried to do in the past but didn't pick up in popularity was to have most of the
release notes generated automatically. I mean you would work some content out directly on
the appropriate sections in the wiki and then the release notes pulls in and builds up dynamically
 from that content. We would just do some minor touch ups here and there. I think going this
way is best as will also foster greater level of contributions to the documentation.

Cheers!
Hernan