geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo v2.1 documentation
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:38:17 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:31 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> I also realize I don't know what the intended relationship between these
> pages is and which one I'm supposed to work from and how (or if) to

It should not really matter from which page you start. We have two pages with the same content
because one (index) is the default landing page but actually does not have content of its
own. Index only has one line macro to include the content of Documentation -> {include:Documentation}

So why we have a second page? I just wanted to have "Documentation" listed on the breadcrumbs
as well as made more sense all the documents hierarchically organized "hanging" from a Documentation
parent page [ Home > Apache Geronimo v2.1 > Documentation ]

It's just a small detail but I think it makes the overall documentation looks better. Downside,
we have two pages displaying the same content and an autoexport plugin that some times is
not that "auto".

> affect the *documentation.html page.   A few days ago I wrote up info on
> a new jndi feature which shows up fine on the / page but not the
> documentation.html.

For now, the Documentation page is mostly generated by hand. Most of the work on the proposed
TOC is just that, to list and discuss what contents to cover instead of just start creating
the pages in some particular order. As we start to fill the documentation with content I'll
start to mix in the Documentation page some macros to automatically generate links to some
sections.

Where did you put that doc? it's probably just matter of changing the parent page.

Just in case, here is a doc for how the documentation is organized within the different spaces
in Confluence.
http://cwiki.apache.org/geronimo/geronimo-cwiki-documentation-architecture.html

Cheers!
Hernan