geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:26:30 GMT
I know kevan already responded.... but this is important... so I'm
saying the same thing again...

On Feb 20, 2008, at 2:31 AM, Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> On Feb 16, 2008 8:30 AM, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl>
> wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008 1:30 AM, Shiva Kumar H R <shivahr@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > GEP Task https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> GERONIMODEVTOOLS-278 is
> > created for this. We can use this, as well as IRC chats & dev-
> list mails,
> > for collaborating!
>
> Please use dev@geronimo for any important stuff around it. I'd be glad
> to learn a bit about Eclipse plugin development following your
> conversations. Okey?
> I have generally found discussions on IRC leading to quicker &
> better understanding of problems. All discussions on #geronimo get
> logged in http://servlet.uwyn.com/drone/log/bevinbot/geronimo/
> yyyymmdd and I typically paste those links into relevant JIRAs. So
> no discussions are lost. Now duplicating this effort by again
> posting mails on dev-list would be very time consuming :(

umm, tough :-)

All development decisions MUST be documented and preferably made on
the mailing lists.  In addition, relying on a third party website is
NOT ACCEPTABLE.  If you choose to use IRC to come up with an idea for
how to implement something you have to document that proposal on the
mailing lists.

In my experience IRC conversations about design are incomprehensible
after the fact so its usually necessary to actually write an email
describing what you are proposing rather than quote IRC.

thanks
david jencks