geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Vamsavardhana Reddy" <c1vams...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:59:20 GMT
On Feb 9, 2008 12:02 PM, Jacek Laskowski <jacek@laskowski.net.pl> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 2008 6:58 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Geronimo had a great year 2007.  I don't need to re-list all our
> > achievements listed in Matt's mail from 31st Dec 2007
> > (http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg54994.html).
>  Now
> > that 2.1 is also rolling out, I think it is time we start discussing
> what we
> > want to do in Geronimo in year 2008.  Let us also discuss what we "must"
> do
> > to make Geronimo an application server of choice.  I would like all of
> us to
> > use this mail thread to put forth our thoughts (and any action items
> some of
> > us may have already come up with silently) so that the community can see
> > what great heights Geronimo will scale in 2008.
>
> We certainly need more exposure in the tools area and having a
> Geronimo NetBeans plugin is a way to go. Eclipse one's fine, but we
> need to bring Geronimo to NetBeans masses and let them know there's
> another application server with a name that starts with G which is
> worth paying attention to as well.
>
> Documentation, documentation and no need to say more but documentation
> is an absolute must.

In most cases, we have an associated JIRA for a new feature or a major bug
fix.  How about we designate the JIRA as resolved only after the related
documentation is in place?  Many a time we verify the code before closing
the JIRA.  It shouldn't be hard adding a wiki page with a small write up on
how to use that feature or any work around provided.  It can be a detailed
document or an entry in an FAQ.  This will also help in coming up with
comprehensive docs after a release.