geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: /lib vs /repository
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:56:02 GMT
On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, any reason why we don't follow a similar dir structure as in the repo?

Good question! Perhaps because it's easier to make a single directory
with the minimum files in it and don't bother with the long-ish paths.
Can't see any other reason as simplicity. On the other hand, one could
argue it's harder to maintain but since we build Geronimo with maven
we don't really bother with it as Maven takes care of it. Hope I'm not
mistaken.

I see it that you can have the bare framework with the single lib
directory. Now, the question is what part of Geronimo introduces the
repository dir? If it's something that's not needed for the
framework's work you get the picture - you don't need to worry about
repository directory as it's outside the framework. The framework uses
lib and others can do whatever they want. If it's not the case, well,
we could think of pros and cons moving them to repository then.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl