geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1 working on Harmony
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:43:00 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:25 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I guess the gshell launcher should figure this stuff out.    It seems
>  like this is moving us from configuration back towards code which I'm
>  not too thrilled about.  At least the script can be in groovy.

Can you elaborate more? How? Where should I look for answers?

XML-less configuration as a groovy script is the best of two worlds -
xml and java. You don't have to write ugly xml "esseys" yet it's as
simple as xml. You can develop your apps with java and configure them
with java-like language - groovy. I think it makes the configuration
better than xml-based one. It's like maven's pom.xml in jruby, i.e.
Apache Buildr. If we could have a buildr-like configuration layer for
Geronimo I'd be more than happy.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski