geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo Tomcat 2.0.3-SNAPSHOT: SESSIONS.ser written to workDir
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2008 00:07:07 GMT
On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Donald Woods <dwoods@apache.org> wrote:

>  If we want to build a vibrant user community, we need to support the
>  prior major release (2.0) until our next major release (2.2) comes out.

A vibrant community has nothing to do with the versions we support. If
we provided enough information on the respective versions they'd love
us more than when we support more versions than necessary. Users
always have to verify whether their apps work or not irrespective of
what exactly number in the version scheme has changed. I think they'd
love if they could work with the latest and greatest stuff if they
were ensured it would work with their apps. That's the real pain in
any migration - lack of knowledge and experience. That's why Hernan
and Co's work's so important. The more users know about Geronimo, the
better for their migration efforts. Anyway, I'm only a lurker and if I
fever find some spare cycles to work on Geronimo beside commenting
out/responding to user questions I won't likely be fixing bugs/issues
reported against the previous versions or branches, but rather enhance
documentation/fix them in the trunk so our community is better
equipped with the right tools for their job around Geronimo and to let
them stay current with the changes. I keep saying it's always better
for them and us.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski