geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Geronimo Server 2.1 and Geronimo TxManager 2.1.1 Releases
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2008 20:20:58 GMT
On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 8:46 AM, Jarek Gawor <jgawor@gmail.com> wrote:

>  But, IMHO, this is not just a bug it is a major bug where one of the
>  important pieces of Geronimo functionality is simply not working on
>  port 8443. Personally, I would have voted -1 on the release if I
>  realized the full scope of this bug sooner. But maybe that's just me..
>  so I would like to know what other people think about this problem. If
>  it's just me, that's fine. If not, maybe we should consider
>  withdrawing the release. Although the admin console is working fine on
>  port 8080 and maybe that's good enough.

I'd not withdraw it. It's what we've got and no matter how beautiful
it is - that's how it is now. We could never release Geronimo as
there're always bugs. Some important, some not, but since we're all
for releasing often I'm for leaving it as it is now and put a note in
the RELEASE_NOTES about it. We can work it out in 2.1.1. I just think
it's time for 2.1 and see people what we've got so they can see its
value. There're other bugs lurking, and 2.1 release will let them show
up. I'm still +1 for 2.1.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski