geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Geronimo Documentation - 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo]
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:08:04 GMT
On Feb 11, 2008 10:57 AM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:

> Back on the 5 min tutorial, I'm still having some issues deploying the app. My latest
environment is using G 2.1 RC that is currently out for a vote (Tomcat flavor) and the GEP
that I just built from devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk rev # 620497. I know it's still kinda
early but it would be great if we can have this tutorial updated ( a new one for 2.1 actually
), I figure a lot of users would be interested in testing this on 2.1

I'll be doing it then. I helped a geronimo user offline who had some
troubles with it, but he eventually confirmed it worked fine with G
2.0.2 or G 2.1-SNAPSHOT and the latest Eclipse 3.4 M5 and other
Eclipse goodies to satisfy the geronimo eclipse plugin so it should
work with your configuration. I'll give it a shot tonight (PST).

What worried me the most was that Geronimo 2.1 Enhancements from
RELEASE_NOTES-2.1.txt was not covered by the documentation. I'm going
to describe

Custom server assemblies
- Lightweight server assemblies may be created that contain only the functional
  components required by your application(s).

as I guess that's our differentiator against other application servers
and one of the topic we should cover during our next presentation
about Geronimo. It seems like a way to custom profiles in java ee 6 as
well.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski