geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Geronimo in year 2008
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2008 06:32:30 GMT
On Feb 7, 2008 6:58 AM, Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1vamsi1c@gmail.com> wrote:

> Geronimo had a great year 2007.  I don't need to re-list all our
> achievements listed in Matt's mail from 31st Dec 2007
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@geronimo.apache.org/msg54994.html).  Now
> that 2.1 is also rolling out, I think it is time we start discussing what we
> want to do in Geronimo in year 2008.  Let us also discuss what we "must" do
> to make Geronimo an application server of choice.  I would like all of us to
> use this mail thread to put forth our thoughts (and any action items some of
> us may have already come up with silently) so that the community can see
> what great heights Geronimo will scale in 2008.

We certainly need more exposure in the tools area and having a
Geronimo NetBeans plugin is a way to go. Eclipse one's fine, but we
need to bring Geronimo to NetBeans masses and let them know there's
another application server with a name that starts with G which is
worth paying attention to as well.

Documentation, documentation and no need to say more but documentation
is an absolute must.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski