geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Becker <dan.o.bec...@gmail.com>
Subject Round trip debugging of Geronimo in Eclipse
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:35:53 GMT

Hello all,

I have set up a Geronimo 2.1 server in Eclipse using the instructions given
at
http://geronimo.apache.org/developing-the-geronimo-eclipse-plugin-in-eclipse.html.

I have imported a server trunk tree as projects into my Eclipse environment,
set up a Geronimo server runtime, and point a Plug-in Target Platform back
to my plugin directory. At this point all seems to be working. I can use
Eclipse to start and stop the server, and catch a break point in
geronimo-system.

However, when I try to modify the server code, I have difficulty taking the
updated class back to the runtime to further debug it. I see modifying a
Java file in Eclipse produces an updated class file in the server trunk
framework module geronimo-system directory, but I still am unclear what
steps or what  poms to build to bring this class back to the server runtime.

I would appreciate any doc pointers or explanations to help clear my newbie
confusion.
Thanks, Dan