geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From AlskiOnTheWeb <alskionthe...@hotmail.com>
Subject Connector / Application Construction Order...
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 19:49:10 GMT

Hi All,

Sorry if this is posted here somewhere but I couldn't find anything on it by
searching. Anyway, I have an application with an Axis 2 web service that is
deployed in a Geronimo 1.0 (yes, I know, but I'm stuck with it) application
server. The issue I see is that the connector (listening on TCP 8080)
becomes available as the application itself is being brought up.
Unfortunately, there is some problem with Axis being hit before it's ready
and I can easily get it into a state where it doesn't expose my web service
endpoint. Obviously, this is a bad thing. I am guessing that this is a
result of web service clients pounding geronimo while it's on it's way up
but not quite ready. Is there a way to have geronimo bring up the
applications first and then expose the TCP connectors once the applications
are ready? I know other app servers behave this way out of the box so I was
kind of surprised to see that order of bring up.

Thanks in advance for any tips,

Alski