On Jan 4, 2008 8:22 PM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com> wrote:
Shiva Kumar H R wrote:

> On Jan 3, 2008 10:02 PM, Hernan Cunico <hcunico@gmail.com
> <mailto: hcunico@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Shiva,
>     here are some thoughts I believe may help improve usability.
>
>     - Add a *Back* button on each screen. Currently the only option is
>     *Cancel* if you made a mistake while entering the data.
>
> Currently browser's back button can be used for going back to the
> previous screen. If it is not intuitive, let me know and I will add a
> *Back *or *Previous *button. OR wait, the plan creator for EARs that I
> am currently working on is Dojo 1.0 based, where instead of a sequence
> of pages I am using Dojo tabs, and hence navigation becomes lot more
> easier than Next/Previous buttons. If it comes up well I can implement
> the same for web-apps as well. Let me come up with something that you
> can also see and we will discuss this further.

I would rather avoid using browser's back button, specially when configuring something (most of the time you end up loosing the info you already entered).
Tabs should do the trick ;-)

>     - It would be cool to have the ability to create an additional
>     resource reference directly from the wizard. For example when
>     installing a DB app it would be nice to be able to create the JDBC
>     connection pool as well as specifying the resource ref name right
>     there. Currently it lists existing pools, maybe add a *New* button,
>     create the pool and then come back to the previous screen. Same
>     thing would be useful for JMS, java mail, etc.
>
> Sure. That's my intention as well. I am yet to figure out how to achieve
> this.

Would a "pop-up" with just a portlet for configuring the new resource work?
Wow! Amazing idea Hernan. It never flashed to me. Let me look at how this can be implemented.

Paul/others,
Any hints how this can be achieved.

Cheers!
Hernan