geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Monitoring Plugin to get stats through JMX or MEJB
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 20:54:00 GMT
Hi All,

There was a recent discussion on whether the monitoring plugin should
use JMX or MEJB to fetch Geronimo's statistics. Since we want to be
able to monitor any type of Geronimo server, including little-G, it is
not preferred that we have to pull in OpenEJB in order to monitor that
server. Therefore, the JMX method looks like a potential alternative,
because I do not think it will need to pull in any additional
components.

The idea of using JMX and MEJB is the same, and that is, we want to
get a hold of the MBeanServer to query that for statistics.

The concept of MEJB was defined in JSR-77, which is the only reason I
am hesitant to start migrating over to using the JMX method. Should we
strictly follow the JSR? or should we branch off and customize a
little?

Any thoughts or comments?

Regards,
Viet