geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone build 1.2 from the soource repository?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:17:13 GMT
IMO 1.2 is a much better bet than 1.1.1 but since the directory
structure changed you may have to be careful applying your patches.
You haven't really said why you are stuck on a 1.x branch -- I would
seriously consider migrating your changes to the 2.x codebase.

thanks
david jencks

On Jan 22, 2008, at 11:24 AM, AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:

> ....I wish it were that simple. Unfortunately, I've got to at least
> try and
> apply some patches and configuration from a custom build of 1.0 :-
> ( which
> means I need something most likely from the 1.x ancestry. So, if
> 1.2 is a
> no-go, is 1.1.1 a good one? I need a 1.x ancestor that runs under
> Java 1.5.
>
> Thanks for any advice...
>
> Alski
>

> djencks wrote:
>>
>> Note that 1.2 is not released and most likely never will be.  You
>> might consider using 2.0.2 or 2.1-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that you need to use maven 2.0.7.  I personally have
>> not tried 2.0.8 but have heard rumors of problems.
>>
>> Until you get a successful build you may need to run the bootstrap
>> procedure.
>>
>> mvn install -Dstage=bootstrap
>> mvn install -Dstage=assemble
>>
>> As noted in the BUILDING.txt file, there are more instructions at
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/building-apache-geronimo-with-
>> maven-2.html
>>
>> Hope this helps
>> david jencks
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2008, at 10:52 AM, AlskiOnTheWeb wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I first downloaded the source tar and tried to build that. No go as
>>> it was
>>> missing some snapshots now. Not knowing the slightest bit about
>>> maven (nor
>>> wanting to really), I pulled a source tree of the 1.2 tag. I am
>>> using Sun's
>>> JDK 1.5.0_12 with Maven 2.0.8 trying to build source from
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/server/tags/1.2. If I try
>>> "mvn
>>> install" as the build instructions suggest, I get:
>>>
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repository.codehaus.org/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-
>>> maven-plugin/1.2/car-maven-plugin-1.2.jar
>>> Downloading:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/plugins/car-maven-