geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: 2.1 Release -- Banging the drum
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:13:01 GMT

On Jan 19, 2008, at 1:18 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 3:15 AM, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
>> I agree with Jason. We shouldn't be carrying forward the current
>> structure.
>> And, I think we have enough time to fix this problem while we are
>> fixing
>> other issues with the release.
> Even though I tend to agree I understand the pain of our end users who
> suffer from working with 2.0.2 when we keep telling them use the
> unofficial 2.1 release and I wish we could release G 2.1 as soon as
> possible. No issues should be counted any more. Just go ahead, release
> and keep working on 2.2 release.

Let's level-set for a second. From my original note on this subject:

On Jan 16, 2008, at 10:27 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> I'd like to set a target of 2 weeks for reviewing and fixing
> problems. After that would start the branching, final tck, and
> packaging work. If we feel this might negatively impact post-2.1
> development activities. We can consider creating a 2.1 branch
> sooner...

Are you ok with the 2 week target for reviewing the current trunk
codebase and resolving issues?

The structure of our pom's are one of the issues that I think have
been identified in our current codebase. Seems like we can resolve the
problem within our 2 week timeframe. So, I'm all for fixing the poms...

View raw message